Carbon Footprint Policy Statement - BDIAP
It is the stated policy of the British Division of the International Academy of Pathologists (BDIAP) to reduce its environmental impact, where practicable. Carbon reducing measures are a part of the overall BDIAP strategy, helping to reduce potentially harmful emissions to land, water and air.
To help achieve this, the BDIAP will;
• Encourage Subcommittee meetings to be held at the time of national meetings rather than separately, to reduce travel-related emissions.
• Actively promote “video or phone conferencing” as a means of reducing travelling when the above is not possible.
• Use email communication rather than hard copy whenever possible for dissemination of information to members
• Minimise waste, promote recycling, and the use of recycled products to help
reduce the burden on landfill, and therefore methane generation
• Promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst officers, councillors and members