British Division of the International Academy of
Other pathological meetings
This page provides links to meetings which may be of interest
to members of the BDIAP but which are not BDIAP meetings.
Their listing here indicates merely that their existence has
been notified to the BDIAP Council or Webmaster. They have
not been selected, edited or endorsed by the BDIAP.
If you think there is a serious omission, please provide a
suitable information and web address to the Webmaster
- Pathology meetings at the Royal Society of
Medicine are available at
disciplines, not just histopathology).
Masters in Molecular Pathology The
Edinburgh Masters course in Molecular Pathology will be
running again this year, starting in September 2016. This
course is particularly relevant to trainees in pathology
and a number of fully funded places (salary, fees and
laboratory consumables) are available from the MRC.
Further information is given on the website (http://www.ed.ac.uk/medicine-vet-medicine/research/medical-sciences/molecular-pathology),
and additional details are available from the Course
Director, Professor Simon Herrington at email@example.com
Pathological Society of Great Britain and
Ireland “Conversations with Pathologists”
web archive, containing the full interviews which were
published in the original version of the “A Matter of
Life & Death” book by Sue Armstrong, published in
more details here
- Queens Univeristy, Belfast MSc Molecular Pathology of Cancer - more details here http://bit.ly/1WuL63L
- Queens University, Belfast MSc Molecular Pathology of Cancer - Full details here http://bit.ly/1TOLj1z
International Congress of Gynecologic and
Obstetric Pathology, October 29th - 30th, 2016,
- Harvard Medical School, Current Concepts in Surgical Pathology, 31st Oct - 4th Nov, Four Seasons Hotel, Boston, USA - For full information see http://bit.ly/harvardpath
- The 12th British Association of Urological Pathologists Advanced Prostate Pathology Course, 7th/8th November, Birmingham Cytology Training Centre, Birmingham, UK - Details of the course can be found at www.baup.org.uk or contact Farida Esufali at +44 (0)2920745316 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The 13th British Association of Urological Pathologists Advanced Prostate Pathology Course 6th-7th April 2017
Hammersmith Campus of Imperial College London
Organisers: Murali Varma and David Griffiths
Faculty: Daniel Berney, Lars Egevad, David Griffiths, Lorna McWilliam, Jon Oxley, Hywel Thomas, Murali Varma -
This popular 2-day course aimed at practicing Consultants and senior trainees is characterised by multiple microscopy sessions interspersed by short lectures. Glass slides from over 300 cases (accompanied by short notes on each case) will be available to review during the microscopy sessions, which will be followed by a Quiz.
Ample time will be available for discussion with the faculty after each lecture as well as during the microscopy sessions. This course will also feature interactive multiheader sessions with the faculty. Lunch and refreshments included.
The number of participants will be limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Details of the course can be found at BAUP or contact Farida Esufali at +44 (0)2920745316 or Farida.Esufali@wales.nhs.uk Course fees: £300
CME: 13 credits (RCPath)