The BDIAP is keen to assist in the education of trainees in pathology and provides some funding for this:
Trainee awards for the annual USCAP meeting – taking place in Los Angeles in 2020.
The BDIAP has four awards of £2000 available to contribute towards registration, accommodation and travel for four trainees who have had an abstract accepted at the USCAP meeting in Los Angeles, 29 February – 5 March 2020.
Am I eligible?
USCAP bursaries are open to BDIAP Trainee Members from Member Countries only (UK, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands)
To apply, please send the following details to Dr Nafisa Wilkinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy Nabila Jamaluddin (nabila.Jamaluddin@bdiap.org) to the email:
- Your details [name, department, year of training]
- Short CV focusing on training in histopathology
- Abstract details, including a copy of your abstract and a statement of your contribution to the project (word limit 200)
- Abstract acceptance confirmation
- Confirmation from your head of department/ educational supervisor of your trainee status
Please do not apply for a bursary until you have received communication from USCAP that your abstract has been accepted.
The closing date for applications is 30 November 2019.
BDIAP Trainee Bursaries – bursaries to attend BDIAP meetings in the UK. The bursary covers the cost of registration at the meeting and a contribution towards the cost of travel and accommodation.
BDIAP Educational Fellowships – funding for travel to other institutions to learn pathological techniques.