Bursary applications are now closed.
Apply for a BDIAP bursary to attend the BDIAP Symposium on Upper GI Pathology, taking place on 18-19 November 2022.
Bursaries will consist of free meeting registration and a financial contribution towards travel and accommodation.
A total of six bursaries are available to attend the Symposium.
All applications will be formally reviewed by the Innovation Subcommittee.
Applicants will be notified by email of the outcome of their application the week commencing Monday 3rd October.
Am I eligible?
Applications are open to:
- BDIAP Member Country Trainee Members
Applicants must be a BDIAP Trainee Member from the UK, Ireland, Belgium or the Netherlands.
How do I apply?
- Complete the online application form below.
- Your Clinical Lead/Head of Department must complete the verification document and return this to Sam Kiely by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When completing the online application form applicants will be asked to write a short statement (150 words) to demonstrate how they would benefit from being awarded a BDIAP bursary.
- All covid-related risk and costs are the responsibility of the recipient and will not be covered by the bursary.
- You will be asked to provide your IAP Reference Number when completing the online form. This can be found on the profile page of your Member Area.
- Only completed applications will be considered. Applications are considered complete once the online form has been submitted and a supporting verification document has been received.
- The verification document must be submitted directly by your Clinical Lead/Head of Department to Sam Kiely: email@example.com
- It is not possible to save and return to the application form.
- Applicants should not register for the meeting until they hear the outcome of their bursary application. If you are applying for a bursary and have already registered, please inform Sam Kiely: firstname.lastname@example.org
Verification Document: Clinical Lead/HoD (Word)
Bursary applications are now closed. Applications closed at midnight on Friday 16th September 2022.
Conditions of the bursary
The following conditions apply for successful bursary recipients:
- Bursary recipients are required to attend the networking reception following the Symposium on Friday 18th November 2022.
- Bursary recipients are required to submit a short report within 3 months of the meeting. We will provide awarded applicants a guideline of what to include. The report will be made available on the BDIAP website and circulated to BDIAP members via our e-newsletter.
- A member is not entitled to more than one BDIAP bursary in any two-year period.
Successful recipients are invited to attend the Symposium Dinner on the evening of Friday 18th November. This is not a requirement of the bursary, but recipients are welcome to join the dinner. Please contact Sam Kiely if you would like more information.