What can we offer you?
The British Division of the International Academy of Pathology (BDIAP) aims to advance pathology through the improvement of the teaching of pathology, promoting research in pathology, and supporting training in pathology. Trainees are therefore very important to the BDIAP and we want to ensure that you benefit from being a member.
The membership fee stands at just £10 and for this very small contribution, you will get the following benefits:
- Online subscription to the journal ‘Histopathology.’
- Access to the lecture material from BDIAP meetings.
- Subsidised registration fees at BDIAP training days, conferences and events.
- Opportunities to apply for bursaries and travel grants to allow attendance at conferences around the world.
- Opportunities to enhance your CV by submitting an abstract for a poster or oral presentation at one of our meetings.
The BDIAP regularly organises meetings centred on the subspecialties of histopathology including gastrointestinal, urological and breast pathology, and also dedicated study days in Molecular Pathology. They also provide an ‘approach to cut-up’ study day for trainees which is extremely beneficial to those in all stages of training. Attendance at these meetings will mean you are guaranteed to hear some of the top specialists in the field talk about the latest progress and also their experiences with challenging cases.
The BDIAP have social media sites on both Facebook and Twitter where you will receive regular updates from the trainee councillors about forthcoming events of interest. We also have a dedicated trainee section of the website where you will find a list of forthcoming events and how to register.
If you have any questions about the membership, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the trainees councillors Dr Katie Allen and Dr Anhisek Ghosh who will happily answer any questions you may have.
Join the BDIAP