The 14th Joint Meeting of the BDIAP and The Pathological Society, Liverpool Pathology 2023, will take place on Tuesday 27 - Thursday 29 June 2023.
Full meeting information is available on the dedicated meeting website.
Call for Abstracts
Detailed information including abstract submission guidelines can be found here.
The abstract submission deadline has been extended to 23:59 Sunday 2 April 2023.
Apply for a bursary to attend Liverpool Pathology 2023. Bursaries will consist of free registration to the meeting including welcome reception and conference dinner and a financial contribution towards travel and accommodation.
All applications will be reviewed formally by the Innovation Subcommittee.
Applicants must have submitted an abstract to the meeting and upload a copy of their submitted abstract when applying for a bursary.
Am I eligible?
Applications are open to:
- BDIAP Member Country Trainee Members (UK, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands)
- BDIAP Allied Scientist Member Country Members (Affiliate or Allied Scientist members from UK, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands)
- Applicants from BDIAP Schools (Sri Lankan, East African, Bosnian and Arab Schools). Applicants must be pathologists in training or within two years of having been appointed consultant.
To be eligible for a bursary you must have submitted an abstract to the meeting. The deadline for abstract submissions has been extended to 23:59 Sunday 2 April 2023. Full abstract guidelines are available on the Liverpool Pathology website.
You will be asked to upload a copy of your submitted abstract when applying for the bursary.
How do I apply?
- Complete an online application form.
- Submit the required verification document(s).
When completing the online application form applicants will be asked to write a short statement (150 words) to demonstrate how they would benefit from being awarded a BDIAP bursary.
- If you are a BDIAP Member you will be asked to provide your IAP Reference Number when completing the online form. This can be found on the profile page of your Member Area.
- BDIAP Schools applicants must provide two references.
- BDIAP Member Country applicants must submit the verification document.
- Only completed applications will be considered. Applications are considered complete once the online form has been submitted and the required supporting verification document(s) have been received.
- It is not possible to save and return to the application form.
Verification document templates and application forms can be found below.
- The application deadline is 23:59 on Sunday 9 April.
- Applicants will be notified by email of the outcome of their application the week commencing 24 April 2023.
- Applicants should not register for the meeting until they hear the outcome of their bursary application.
Conditions of the bursary
The following conditions apply for successful bursary recipients:
- Bursary recipients are required to attend the welcome reception on Tuesday 27 June and the conference dinner on Wednesday 28 June 2023.
- Bursary recipients are required to submit a short report within 3 months of the meeting. We will provide awarded applicants a guideline of what to include. The report will be made available on the BDIAP website and circulated to BDIAP members via our e-newsletter.
- A member is not entitled to more than one BDIAP bursary in any two-year period.